Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Could a gunsmith do an ACOG interface like what JP rifles have?

Posted this in the wrong forum before, sorry, wasnt paying enough attention

I really like the idea of JP Rifles' integral ACOG interface. Is this something I could hire a gunsmith to do aftermarket to another brand upper, or does it necessitate a pre-built order? I've gotten used to my ACOG at work over the past few years, but I've always felt it sat too high in its mount.

MSTN sells a flatop upper with the acog channel already milled into it and also gives you the screws for the acog to be used with the reciever. I forget the price but if you figure the cost of an upper complete and the the machine work it is probably not a bad deal.

MSTN sells a flatop upper with the acog channel already milled into it and also gives you the screws for the acog to be used with the reciever. I forget the price but if you figure the cost of an upper complete and the the machine work it is probably not a bad deal.

I can't find this model on their website, do you know the name of it?

Actually, any machinist could do it. The cut is pretty simple. Look at the flat top mount . It is 1/2" wide at top and 1/4" wide at bottom, about 1/8" deep if IIRC with 45 degree sides. Hole spacing and location can be placed according to your preference I suppose.

JP does sell them as stripped uppers BTW. Midway lists them : JP Upper

I can't find this model on their website, do you know the name of it?

I just called MSTN and told them what I was after and they said they had them machined and instock ready for delivery and this was the standard upper they build with. I believe it was $175. Call and ask for Paul or Wes.

JP mills their receivers towards the rear of the rail, MSTN mills their receivers towards the front.

I don't understand why they just don't mill them the entire length.

Check your eye relief before ordering either one.