Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On the bottom looking up

Not to long ago i posted Mental Meltdown and got a lot of good pointers ,But no matter what i've done i'm still at the back of the pact which is new for me, I've always done very well in anything i've done and never been the nervious type but here lately every time i've gone to the line as soon as i hear Make Ready i start to shake and lose my train of thought the walk thruogh and going over the stage in my mind just gets blown out, i feel that the stage i just shot is good but when i walk back through and see what i shot well it's not so good my classifiers and so-so, A 43.63%,25.17%and a50.63%after just 3 matches but overall total match scores are 25.00%,What is it that makes someone who played sports all their life and not get the jitters all of a sudden get them at match time ? All commets welcome even if they are brutal.

ED

Normal, normal, normal. It gets easier with experience. Try taking a few deep breaths before you shoot. Humor helps too.

I've been accelerating my time after the "make ready" lately. Check the dot, check the first target, holster, breath and nod my head. I've found that the extra few seconds I used to take were not needed. Being ready quickly allows me to just shoot the way I've prepared myself to do. Living and shooting in the moment....