Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plate Rack sizes?

Went to a match today and they had their plate rack set up. 6" plates. Anybody else using this size? Most of the ones Ive shot were 8". Its a big difference! Hard to pickup after recoil. We were shooting the GSSF match and it was at 11 yards. Out of 16 runs I only had about 6 that were under 6 sec and had a couple runs with steel still standing <_< I can usually get around sub 5 sec runs.

Just curious if the 6" are common.

Went to a match today and they had their plate rack set up. 6" plates. Anybody else using this size? Most of the ones Ive shot were 8". Its a big difference! Hard to pickup after recoil. We were shooting the GSSF match and it was at 11 yards. Out of 16 runs I only had about 6 that were under 6 sec and had a couple runs with steel still standing <_< I can usually get around sub 5 sec runs.

Just curious if the 6" are common.

Haha, so you didn't like our 6" racks in Reno Huh? Well don't worry you were not the only one. As far as your question goes, 8" is the universal standard for plate racks, but you will still find a lot of 6" plate racks especially if you shoot in areas where Man on Man steel is very prevalent ...and Nevada is one of those areas.

Is your steel schedule up on your website?? I might have to make it down there for a try at that. I felt embarrassed after some runs. Steel always gives me fits. Might as well work on the weaknesses right...

I use 9 inch paper plates on my homemade "plate" rack. My times during practice have really gotten better as has my match performance on plate racks. I shot it today around a barricade and was amazed at how easy it was...Now if I could only make Texas Star...

For whatever reason non moving steel has killed me. I have only shot a TS a few times now, but no problems. Those damn little squares just drive me nuts. At the Golden bullet I must have used 20 rounds for 10 or so, in one stage. Felt like I was shooting an open gun.... :P I think Ill make a paper rack with smaller plates. Cant go to Reno and get tore up again.

Is your steel schedule up on your website?? I might have to make it down there for a try at that. I felt embarrassed after some runs. Steel always gives me fits. Might as well work on the weaknesses right...

Send me a PM with your email and I'll forward you our Man On Man Steel Schedule. Same goes for anyone else that would like a copy of the schedule.