Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon store in California?

Goldcup

Hello! I live in Norway, and have a friend living in San Diego, California. Dillon-equipment are a lot cheaper in the US then here, and I want to ask him if he can buy me a XL650, and send it to me by mail. Do any of you know of a store in San Diego or Los Angeles that have Dillon-equipment? Preferably with a homepage. :blush:

Wouldn't you be able to order from here and pay the shipping costs to you?

Hello! Yes, of course, but then I will have to pay 25% tax to the norwegian government. :surprise: I thought that if my friend buys it and send it to me, it will be a "gift", and therefore I will save this 25%.

Wouldn't you be able to order from here and pay the shipping costs to you?

Hello! Yes, of course, but then I will have to pay 25% tax to the norwegian government. :surprise: I thought that if my friend buys it and send it to me, it will be a "gift", and therefore I will save this 25%.

:surprise: Didn't know you would have to pay a 25% tax.

Your friend could order the Dillon from Brian Enos and then send it along to you as a birthday gift. It doesn't sound like you really need to buy the press face to face in a retail store. I've bought all of my Dillon gear from Brian and I appreciate being able to call Brian or Dillon when I have issues.

I would purchase from Brian as well, the price will almost definitely be better. If you need a physical store for some reason Fowler's Gun Room in Orange, Ca stocks Dillon presses and gear. No website however, kinda of a mom and pop place. Great service and knoweldgable.

That being said I see no reason why you wouldn't buy from Brian though. The shipping from AZ to San Diego will almost certainly be cheaper than sales tax here if it's a large purchase. Good choice on the Dillon, the presses are the best. Once again Brian's customer service is outstanding.

Take care

Kevin

Fowler's Gun Room

(714) 771-3730

358 S Tustin St

Orange, CA 92866

I would purchase from Brian as well, the price will almost definitely be better. If you need a physical store for some reason Fowler's Gun Room in Orange, Ca stocks Dillon presses and gear. No website however, kinda of a mom and pop place. Great service and knoweldgable.

That being said I see no reason why you wouldn't buy from Brian though. The shipping from AZ to San Diego will almost certainly be cheaper than sales tax here if it's a large purchase. Good choice on the Dillon, the presses are the best. Once again Brian's customer service is outstanding.

Take care

Kevin

Fowler's Gun Room

(714) 771-3730

358 S Tustin St

Orange, CA 92866

Totally forgot about that place. You can check The Stockade also. Owned by the same people who owns Fowlers. Google it for the address.

You might be able to have someone purchase from Brian and have it drop shipped directly to you, but you need to research this very carefully first. There are generally both customs and tax laws about "gifts" to keep people from doing things like this. Even if he had it shipped to him and then he shipped it to you, you may find that you will have to pay something.

For example, I have American friends who now live in Mexico. We cannot send them anything without them having to pay customs. So they have stuff sent here and come to visit every few months and take it back with them (which is legal).

Tanks for all suggestions! I bellieve I will order the Dillon-equipment online, and use my friend as a reciever if he agrees to it.

And yes, the tax (or VAT as some call it) is 25% in Norway. This means that if I buy something in the US for $100, the customs in Norway will hold the goods until I pay them $25. There are no custom-fee on this kind of stuff (as opposed to cars, medicines, food etc).