Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

May 2nd USPSA at Circleville

Hmmmmm ......... we shall see tomorrow, Jeff.

The real question is "Is the REAL Jeff Maass gonna come out and shoot some USPSA with us mere mortals?!" :goof:

Hope to see you there Jeff. ;)

I won't be down this month, but sometime in the near future I'll pack up my camera gear and come visit.

Until three weeks ago, I hadn't fired a round in six years (new job/company, primarily, plus blown out knee). I've read Front Sight each month, kept a current rulebook here, and even purchased a current Classifier notebook.

In the past three weeks I've bought a new gun (Springfield EMP 40), fired 1200+ rounds, applied for my Ohio CCW, and cleaned up my old web pages (I kept the IPSC Loads Lists and old Coursebooks, but eliminated the rest). I even got out my McLearn-built open guns and fired the 60 9x21 rounds I had left in my safe (those guns can still **shoot**!). I still see courses of fire in everyday travels. I've even had thoughts of taking some classes and getting back my long-expired CRO certification.

So, I may not be a lost cause.

Sounds like another Limited Gun showdown at Circleville. :)

Plastic vs. Steel!

Lord knows I can't get Seevers to put his space-gun down and shoot IRONS like a man!

marvin_martian.jpg

A. How do you know Anything about being a man?

B. How do you know I'm not shooting irons? Would it be embarassing to get beat by a lowly A class who hasn't shot all year, can't see and is injured?

PS On an earlier thread you refered to a "man card" being taken away. You haven't seen one so how can you take it away?

Real young men don't need Electronic Red-Dot sights to see the targets, Uncle Bill.

Instead of betting on Alphas today, how 'bout we bet on who has the least Mikes Mr. Red-Dot. Or who has the least make-ups on steel.

Or how bout we bet who shoots that no-shoot plate on the Texas Star FIRST! :goof:

Edited by Chris Keen

Great match Jason. :cheers:

Here's a look at the stages from yesterdays match. Just don't hold my crappy shooting against Conrad, Chad, or Kyle.

The 1st stage in the video is the one with the No-Shoot Star.

th_2009May-CirclevilleUSPSAmatch_0002.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

I won't be down this month, but sometime in the near future I'll pack up my camera gear and come visit.

Until three weeks ago, I hadn't fired a round in six years (new job/company, primarily, plus blown out knee). I've read Front Sight each month, kept a current rulebook here, and even purchased a current Classifier notebook.

In the past three weeks I've bought a new gun (Springfield EMP 40), fired 1200+ rounds, applied for my Ohio CCW, and cleaned up my old web pages (I kept the IPSC Loads Lists and old Coursebooks, but eliminated the rest). I even got out my McLearn-built open guns and fired the 60 9x21 rounds I had left in my safe (those guns can still **shoot**!). I still see courses of fire in everyday travels. I've even had thoughts of taking some classes and getting back my long-expired CRO certification.

So, I may not be a lost cause.

Jeff, if you need to borrow my 40dies and tool-head (650), let me know.

You might be in luck on the RO class thing. We are having one (real soon) at the Circleville club. As you know, those classes are few and far between. There are plenty of seats.

RO Level 1 Class - OHIO <link>

CRO (Level II) can still be done through correspondence.

Jeff, if you need to borrow my 40dies and tool-head (650), let me know.

You might be in luck on the RO class thing. We are having one (real soon) at the Circleville club. As you know, those classes are few and far between. There are plenty of seats.

RO Level 1 Class - OHIO <link>

CRO (Level II) can still be done through correspondence.

Thanks, but I sold my XL650 a few years ago, since not using one press (RL-1050) was better than not using two presses! The RL-1050 is set up for 9x21, and I don't want to plan on doing caliber switches with The Beast.

I've considered adding a new XL650 to fill the hole on my reloading bench, but for now I have acquired enough factory .40S&W (2300+ rounds) to keep me practicing for a while with the new carry gun, at least until the availability of components loosens up.

I'll keep the June RO class in mind.

Edited by jmaass

I'm sure everyone is wondering way there is only 4 stages of results. That is because some of the squads ran stage 5 incorrectly. They started with a loaded gun and it should have been UNLOADED. I feel bad cause I know mine was one of them. :( On a good note the match ran pretty smooth other than that. Thanks to everyone that helped out. See you next month

Dude, that sucks! That took the 'Revo match win' away from Pat and gave it to me.

We both started with an unloaded gun (in fact, I used the left-handed-load technique, that Pat showed me).

Nice shootin' Pat.