Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berry 40cal 155gr HBRN DS

Albertito

Are you trying to attain a certain power factor or velocity? You can start with 40 s&w 155 grain bullet data but just a quick warning here, it will be on the low end of the velocity/pf scale. I had a few HBRN 45 acp bullets from Berrys and it took quite a lot of powder to get to the pf i wanted. can't remember if it was 231 or titegroup but it took a bit more powder than a equvilant weight bullet with a flat base would require.

Are you trying to attain a certain power factor or velocity? You can start with 40 s&w 155 grain bullet data but just a quick warning here, it will be on the low end of the velocity/pf scale. I had a few HBRN 45 acp bullets from Berrys and it took quite a lot of powder to get to the pf i wanted. can't remember if it was 231 or titegroup but it took a bit more powder than a equvilant weight bullet with a flat base would require.

Well I used power pistol at 6.5grains bullet 155 HBRN from Berry plated very disappointing. I can shoot with in a 1/2 dollar at 25yards. the berry where all over the place. try factory loads perfect. what went wrong

Power pistol is the wrong powder for that bullet. It's also the wrong powder for your low recoil application. The bullet is designed to expand in the back and seal in worn or less than perfect barrels. I have found they tend to work well in mass produced stock barrels but not so good in tighter match barrels.

You need a much faster powder to get the initial pressure spike. Something like Clays, Bullseye, or Tightgroup. You may also have crimp issues. Copper plated bullets in general suck. Berry's are probably the best out there but it still takes some knowhow and troubleshooting to get them to shoot.

• 3 weeks later...

very little to no crimp for these bullets.

you need a faster powder than power pistol

Titegroup or clays.... I remember someone said something about clays in another post.