Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Won A Lottery

Graham Smith

I've seen variations of this scam for years in emails. They vary from winning some lottery to inheriting some money. But for the first time ever, I actually got one of these in the mail - a check and everything - mailed from Canada!

All I need do is contact a designated person and send them a money gram to cover my taxes and a processing fee and they'll send me a check for the rest of my money. But I have to hurry or I won't get it.

I'm not sure what they are using as a mailing list, but they picked the wrong guy to mail to because I'm going after their butts!

I've seen variations of this scam for years in emails. They vary from winning some lottery to inheriting some money. But for the first time ever, I actually got one of these in the mail - a check and everything - mailed from Canada!

All I need do is contact a designated person and send them a money gram to cover my taxes and a processing fee and they'll send me a check for the rest of my money. But I have to hurry or I won't get it.

I'm not sure what they are using as a mailing list, but they picked the wrong guy to mail to because I'm going after their butts!

These are pretty common, I have received 3-4 over the past 10 years. If you nail them let us know, we can all celebrate having to shred one less thing.

It could be true......You never know ;) In the "Pre-Telemarketer Ban" era, I filled out an entry form at at Air Show for a chance to win a brand new Camaro or something along those lines and never gave it much thought afterwards. No sooner than I got home, my phone started ringing from this travel agency who sponsored the raffle asking if I was so and so and if I entrered to win a Camaro at the Valdosta Air-Show. Without thinking I said "Sorry I'm not interested" and hung up.

After thinking about it for about half an hour, it donned on me I might have actually won the car....But I'll never know. I keep telling myself they were only calling to try and sell me a travel package, but I should have endulged them a little longer. Man that sux...

Mail fraud it ain't pretty but it has TEETH!!!

After thinking about it for about half an hour, it donned on me I might have actually won the car

Ah, no. If it was a legit lottery/raffle they would have followed up by certified mail. Notice they did not say "they are calling to tell you that you won".