Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

magwell = new base pads?

bamayne

I dont believe that the stock base pads will work with the CCC Mag well. I believe that the front rounded edge will get jammed up on the inside of the magwell. Even if the stock base pads did "fit" you would have to push the mag up into the base of the magwell past the bottom of it, so it wouldnt really work too well anyway. I use the 21+1 base pads on mine and they stick out enough to get a nice and secure seat of the mag when you slap it in. Anything shorter than that could cause problems during the reload.

I dont believe that the stock base pads will work with the CCC Mag well. I believe that the front rounded edge will get jammed up on the inside of the magwell. Even if the stock base pads did "fit" you would have to push the mag up into the base of the magwell past the bottom of it, so it wouldnt really work too well anyway. I use the 21+1 base pads on mine and they stick out enough to get a nice and secure seat of the mag when you slap it in. Anything shorter than that could cause problems during the reload.

Thanks again man. Looks like I'll be ordering some of those from henning too.

If you got a DREMEL and about 5 minutes you can trim the stock base pads to work until you get new ones. Its what I have done to a few of mine until I get them all converted with new pads, springs and followers.

The stock plastic base pads? Mine are the plastic ones. I've got some ordered from henning but I'm not sure if he has all of them in stock. I might have to do some of what your suggesting.

Here are some pics with the dremel modified base pads versus the stock ones on my gun. I am shooting a Match with a Henning's magwell that I adapted to fit. I have had no problems and never had a magazine hang up on me. I have even tried to make one hang up and have still had no luck with either the modified magazines bases or purchased ones.

post-16109-1241545918_thumb.jpg

post-16109-1241545933_thumb.jpg

post-16109-1241545959_thumb.jpg

The reloads on those can't be fun since you have to push the base of the magazine up into the opening of the mag well. But, whatever floats your boat I guess. If you use the Henning extended base pads they stick out below the magwell and make reloads way easier.

Yeah the first couple really stung quite a bit. Those are just done on magazines that I use to play around with. Not the ones I shoot in matches. The suggestion was just an option to use until the original poster got the parts to fix his magazines or got new magazines entirely. But you are right the Henning ones are way easier to use.

post-16109-1241561723_thumb.jpg

I appreciate the response and the pics. I thought about going that route but I went ahead and ordered some of Hennings 21 round base pads.

thanks for all the help though.