Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well I just traded a G22 for a G35 Even Up!

SIE107

I just traded my G22 for a G35.. it already has the extended slide release on it. My thoughts are.. what should I do with it.. I a newbie to the sport of USPSA.. but not to shooting. I have a S&W PC 4006 5" already that I was going to use in L10, I am not really concerned about shooting production. But yet, that is prob a good place learn things, in the same token, I feel that where ever I start, it still will be a learning curve! I don't want to really be shooting a lot of different div's . I have thought about just making it into a limited budget Limited Gun, adding things to it as I go. I already have 5 hi-cap mags for it.

So what are the best mag extentions for the money? CR Speed or the Safariland's? I feel that I would like to put a one peice guide rod in it. Should I go with steel or Tungsten? As for magwells, brass or Alum? And what trigger group? Oh.. and what adj. sights do you think would be best for the money?

Remember that this is a budget project.. and in time, if I feel the need I will improve upon it as time goes. I know about the saying, "Cry Once"!

Your thoughts and input will be greatly appreciated.

Randy

I just traded my G22 for a G35.. it already has the extended slide release on it. My thoughts are.. what should I do with it.

Get rid of the extended slide release. Replace it with a stock version.

Hear me now...believe me later. :)

Other than that...search through the Glock section here. All of your questions have been asked and answered...a lot.

I just traded my G22 for a G35.. it already has the extended slide release on it. My thoughts are.. what should I do with it.

+1

Just because it's a Limited gun on a budget doesn't mean you're giving up anything to anybody....dry fire once an hour every week and you'll be ahead of most folks that spent $4K on their Limited gun ;)

Get some extra mags while they're still pretty cheap and available. CDNN has them showing in stock for $23.99ea. I'd say pick up another 4+. It's really nice to have a couple of beaters for practice and dry fire reload drills and the rest for matches. It's also really nice to be able to shoot a couple of stages in a row without having to rush to reload your mags (like when you're last on one stage and first on the next).

Worst case scenario you may want some different sights, a different guide rod, grip tape and a trigger job....all of that combined is still pretty cheap!

For mag ext's, I've tried Dawson, Taylor Freelance, & Arredondo's. On the 40 mags, I prefer the Arredondo's. Dawsone came in second in my choice with the TF last. Both the Arredondo & dawson are easy to take apart for cleaning during the match. I like the heavy brass magwells & the Tungsten guide rod. On the trigger, you can do the 25cent trigger job & use that for a long time before you really need to upgrade.

I have 7 mags ready for use when the match starts so if I get rushed, I'll have loaded mags. Things can happen or whatever that could cause you to need loaded mags right away. Say you are the last shooter on a stage & most of the way through, you have range failure. You are stopped & get a reshoot. If you have full mags, that is one less thing to worry about getting ready. Just drop your used ones in your bag, grab the full ones, take a deep breath & get mentally ready to reshoot.

I like the CR speed but really, the DOH holster is probably as fast & cheaper. The CR belt is really good, too.

Anyway, those are my opinions.

Be safe, have fun, do good!

MLM

Edited by mlmiller1

Other than that...search through the Glock section here. All of your questions have been asked and answered...a lot.

+2...no matter what, I'll "thumb" that sucker sooner or later. Other than a little trigger work the only add-on I prefer in my longslides is the extended tungsten rod. I like the forward balance and ease of spring changes with the additional length but hey, that's just me.

Flex,

Grabbing the g35 out and checking my grip, I see what it is that your talking about. I have lil hands, but it still may be a problem with that extended slide release! I had thoughts going through my head of Murphy's Law, that one would hit that slide release at the most inopportune time.. being right when the slide is to lock back on a empty mag and one mistakenly hits the release before doing a mag change, then you have to waste time racking the slide to chamber the first round of the new mag.. seconds wasted!

Randy

MLM,

I was thinking also of the Blade-Tech DOH.. I have one already for my Smith.. so I was thinking of just getting the part that holds the pistol and that way I can switch things around as I need to with the holsters.