Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I can only buy one revolver?

USA-57

I'm imagining a k frame is easier to reload than an L, the holes being closer. Anybody have both? I mostly shoot my 627, I can't ask for more in a revo, but they're towards the top of the price scale. Moons are pricey, but I was fortunate enough to score 30 used ones for a buck a pop. .38 sure is finicky about moonclips and brass, .45 isn't a problem. I had to buy short colt brass brand new, and it's now pushing $20/100 but I have about 15 loadings on mine without many splits, and of course we get it all back.

What games and uses do you most see yourself using it for?

I'm imagining a k frame is easier to reload than an L, the holes being closer. Anybody have both? I mostly shoot my 627, I can't ask for more in a revo, but they're towards the top of the price scale. Moons are pricey, but I was fortunate enough to score 30 used ones for a buck a pop. .38 sure is finicky about moonclips and brass, .45 isn't a problem. I had to buy short colt brass brand new, and it's now pushing $20/100 but I have about 15 loadings on mine without many splits, and of course we get it all back.

What games and uses do you most see yourself using it for?

jasond, I have both L and K. As far as the Jet or Safariland Comp III's speedload, the mechanics are the same. The holes are closer on the K but the L has more room in the swing out. Which makes it a wash. I use the L frame in USPSA, had it reamed and fitted for the 38 supers. My N frame in 38 super is for ICORE and the ocassional Open outing in USPSA. I may shoot my k frame at the Midwest ICORE Regional but it is also an open gun later rdd

Hello: I suggest a S&W 646. I have one and love it. I have tried some 610's and some 625's. I still like my 646 better. I like the 40 minor loads for ICORE the best but 40 major is not that bad. If you reload then I would pick the revolver that you already reload for. Make sense? If I was to buy another revolver and wanted to compete with it I would get the 5" 625 since that is what the fast guys use :cheers: Thanks, Eric