Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bench Rest Primers (Rifle)

Rob Boudrie

Is there any difference between Small Rifle Benchrest and Small Rifle primers other than consistency? I've seem some occasional availability of Remington Small Rifle Benchrest primers and was wondering if the "hotness" was identical to standard small rifle primers, or if there is a difference.

Is there any difference between Small Rifle Benchrest and Small Rifle primers other than consistency? I've seem some occasional availability of Remington Small Rifle Benchrest primers and was wondering if the "hotness" was identical to standard small rifle primers, or if there is a difference.

Rob,

Are you using them in a pistol load or rifle? The 7 1/2's are reputed to be a bit hotter (larger flame) I've seen photos comparing small rifle primers, the Remington had a rather large flame. They are also a bit harder than other small rifle primers. Highpower shooters use them quite a bit for that game in AR's. I get better accuracy with them than Winchester in my rifles. For blasting ammo, it won't make any differnece.

Are you using them in a pistol load or rifle?

I'm not using them at all yet :).

My dealer can get Winchester Small Pistol and Remington Small Rifle Benchrest, but not "Small Rifle".

Rob,

If you're going to shoot them in your pistol, get the small pistol primers.