Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spray Grit On Base Pads

kevin c

Kevin,

All of my Grams pads have the Spray grit on them. After almost 2 years, the Grams polymer shows no ill-effects of the paint. I also added additional grit to the paint to make it more aggressive. In addition to spraying my basepads, I also applied it to my Dawson Ice Magwell. I like the stuff and began using it because I was tired of the skateboard tape, too. Take care.

Jack

• 2 months later...

Kevin,

I went to a paint store and bought a grit additive (basically it is a very clean sand). I sprayed on a coat of the spray grit, then sprinkled the additive on the surface. After that dried, I sprayed it again. That was it. I am starting my second year with the original application and it is holding up fine. The only surface that is showing chips/wear, is on my Dawson Ice Magwell where I have tapped the mainspring housing pin in too far and hit the magwell with the brass hammer. Other than that, it has held up well.

BTW, is this Kevin Coomer? Later.

Jack

Thanks, Jack.

Nah, I am in California, hanging out with Erik Warren, the Other Erik, and various and sundry. You go back a hundred years or so, and you'll see my great gramps getting off the boat from China.

Kevin Chu