Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady L-N-L AP

BN91205

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a used Hornady L-N-L AP press and was wondering if Dillon Dies will work in it? Hornady is out of them and I can't find them anywhere. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Any of the major brands will work. Dillon, RCBS, Redding, etc.

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a used Hornady L-N-L AP press and was wondering if Dillon Dies will work in it? Hornady is out of them and I can't find them anywhere. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

I appreciate the offer, just ordered some stuff from BE so it should be coming shortly. I should've bought a Dillon 550 but money has been tight and this one was such a great deal. Thanks for all the help guys!

Regards,

Brian

If you have an lnl with the wire ejector, the crimping die (if it is not a hornady) will interfere and bend the wire causing ejecting problems. You can get around this by grinding down part of the die to clear the wire. I use a lee crimping die that I ground down on the bench sander.

It will work, just watch for the interference.

Butch

If you have an lnl with the wire ejector, the crimping die (if it is not a hornady) will interfere and bend the wire causing ejecting problems. You can get around this by grinding down part of the die to clear the wire. I use a lee crimping die that I ground down on the bench sander.

It will work, just watch for the interference.

Butch

Hornady also makes a conversion kit to the new ejector for those with the wire ejector. Search here for a thread about it.

Oh, don't assume you compromised when you bought the LNL instead of the 650. I think the LNL is just as good, or even better in some respects.