Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Dies

RickyH

What caliber?

Assuming you're loading for pistol, use the Four Die Set including the Factory Crimp Die.

Buy a Dillion before you get tired of making four pulls per finished round.

9mm and 40. I'm am useing a Dillion so i was told to use Lee dies so i want to know what ones to use.

Edited by RickyH

I use Dillon sizing and seating dies with a Lee factory crimp die. If you are going to use all Lee dies you will need to get the 4 die deluxe set. On the dillon you will noy use the lee expander die(included in the 4 die set) as this is handled by the dillon powder funnel.

Randy

What caliber?

Assuming you're loading for pistol, use the Four Die Set including the Factory Crimp Die.

Buy a Dillion before you get tired of making four pulls per finished round.

9mm and 40. I'm am useing a Dillion so i was told to use Lee dies so i want to know what ones to use.

I don't care for or use the FCD any longer. I also don't think most people need a U-Die. I would recommend getting the Deluxe 3 Die Set and then add a Taper Crimp Die. I think Lee makes a great sizind die. I know my sizing die does a better job then the Dillon it has been compared to. But I do like the other Dillon Dies. Nothing wrong with Lee it's just the Dillon are easier to clean. Redding has a super nice seating die. It's a slippery slope of how much you want to spend. But, the Lee are pretty darn good. If you like the idea of a FCD that resizes the finished round then get the 4 die set. I caseguage my ammo and the FCD is totally not needed.

All-dillon here, with the addition of a Lee FCD.

The primary difference between 98 and myself, is that he gauges all ammo. If I'm shooting a local match, I don't check my ammo (just a quick glance for damaged/torn brass and high primers). With all-Dillon, I'd have a 5-10 out of 1K that wouldn't chamber in a 9mm Glock - they really needed to be gauged.

With the FCD, I know it'll chamber if the case mouth doesn't tear.

Edited by MemphisMechanic