cuzinvinny

gng4life:

Apendix "A"

A.1.1 Equipment requirements for the USPSA, IDPA, ICORE

and Cowboy Single Action Divisions shall be governed by

the respective USPSA, IDPA, ICORE and SASS rules and

equipment criteria regarding firearm and holster confingurations

and rule interpretations.

Yeah, that's correct - the "equipment requirements" is correct. That means that if Production division in USPSA states that no race holsters are allowed, then then the same applies to SCSA. There is a weight limit of 39oz in IDPA in SSP so if you shoot SSP in SCSA, then you would have to comply with the weight limit.

Besides, this section is for awards only - not a rule stating that you can't compete, per the next section Appendix A.1.2:

"Failure to meet the appropriate (USPSA, IDPA, ICORE

or SASS) rules and equipment criteria will disqualify the

competitor from Division-specifi c award consideration.

The competitor will remain eligible for overall placement

awards."

I have emailed the SCSA and I'm trying to get an official answer and will attempt to contact Amidon for further clarification. I'm not trying to be a "know-it-all" but I've competed in USPSA for decades and I have been shooting/running Steel Challenge for a few years now and I've never heard that some items can't be disabled. The one I know for sure can't is the thumb safety on a 1911, that has to be operational. In Steel Challenge, traditionally, guns had to be safe but there wasn't a huge stipulation on the disabling of some type of safeties such as magazine disconnects and grip safeties.

Thanks...