Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How is the EAA Elite Stock USPSA Production legal?

gng4life

Hello all,

I am wondering about the EAA Elite Stock and how it is legal in USPSA Production class? On the EAA website, it states clearly that it is Production quality. If you look on the Production Gun List on USPSA, the EAA Elite Stock is listed as approved. If you read the USPSA rule book, it states that Production pistols with external hammers have to be fully decocked prior to the start signal but this isn't possible with this pistol.

Does anyone have an answer? I haven't e-mailed NROI yet because I wanted to check here first.

Thanks for any input...

Block the hammer with your finger, pull the trigger, and pray that you don't screw up and discharge a round and get DQed. Not optimal, but a legal method of decocking a firearm.

Hello all,

I am wondering about the EAA Elite Stock and how it is legal in USPSA Production class? On the EAA website, it states clearly that it is Production quality. If you look on the Production Gun List on USPSA, the EAA Elite Stock is listed as approved. If you read the USPSA rule book, it states that Production pistols with external hammers have to be fully decocked prior to the start signal but this isn't possible with this pistol.

Does anyone have an answer? I haven't e-mailed NROI yet because I wanted to check here first.

Thanks for any input...

You decock by holding the hammer and pulling the trigger then manually lowering the hammer. Same thing with many of the CZs, and the CZ shooters have been doing this for years. I see no advantage or difference in this gun over a CZ-75 or SP-01 really. In the long run, one would probably be better served with a CZ due to the availability of parts and experienced gunsmiths in USPSA over this firearm.

Production is a division.

The EAA Elite Stock is made by Tanfoglio out of Italy and is quite popular in IPSC up here as well as in Europe. The availablity of parts to swap legally is quite limited, unlike CZ. I have one Tanfoglio and I have to say it is finished much better than my CZ's and after 5,000 rounds has a very good trigger pull and compares very favourably to my SP-01 Shadow. I will let American posters comment on the service EAA provides. We do get excellent service out of our importer in Canada.

Releasing the hammer to fully decock the CZ and clones is quite easy to do and had been done safely by shooters for years.

The SP-01 Shadow has, for sometime now, been the winningest pistol in IPSC Production Division. This is not the CZ USA Custom pistol that has recently been ruled out of USPSA Production Division. That gun was never legal in IPSC Production.

Take Care

Bob

Edited by robertbank

Hello all,

Thanks for any input...

if you check the USPSA production approved list..you will find our answer.

yes ...its on the list :D

Edited by eerw

Hello all,

Thanks for any input...

if you check the USPSA production approved list..you will find our answer.

yes ...its on the list :D

Yeah, like I originally said, it is on the list as they claim...no questions there. I was just wondering if that is acceptable to lower the hammer manually since there is no decocker. Does anyone know where it states it can be decocked manually in the USPSA rulebook? Thanks for all the answers!

Yeah, like I originally said, it is on the list as they claim...no questions there. I was just wondering if that is acceptable to lower the hammer manually since there is no decocker. Does anyone know where it states it can be decocked manually in the USPSA rulebook? Thanks for all the answers!

Hey Ledge, that's exactly what I needed. I read the rule and that's it, don't know how I missed it. Thanks a lot to you and everyone who joined in!