Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier *Modified*

If you really wanted to ease up the setup...

- Make all the paper inline, straight across.

- Make the walls go straight across too.

JT___Free2.doc

JT___Free3.doc

Interesting ideas Flex... I appreciate you taking the time. I went down to the range yesterday and set up the last one. In setting it up I found another way to do it that's pretty neat. They want to move toward classifiers that are legal for II-II matches and phase out the old ones. The issue here will be stage design in allowing it to be freestyle and also make them easy to build... your design on those is very buildable and something they will look for. Mine is harder to setup. I think they will have to be diligent on target placement and more verbiage will have to be used one what is available from where. If we have the props in the exact same place, and say what you can see from where, the stage should be doable.

Thanks again for your input.

JT

Here's the current version:

This version allows 8 shots fired from either side, so single stack guys only have one reload if they are brave. :)

stage5.jpg

Obviously the walls are slightly off, but I built this and it works. The gap in the middle is a port now too to limit the range from there. The round gun guys can do it in 2 loads and everyone else in 1 or none.

stage5b.jpg

Edited by JThompson

Sort of a drift...I like when people draw up stages I can use this weekend so I don't have to come up with them myself. Thanks, JT!

Well,

As long as you're stealing my stage, you may as well have a better drawing and some facts. From the rear targets to the shooting area is about 52'. The shooting box is 13' wide at the widest and you should adjust the walls to see the sight lines I have above. Also, you will need to make the middle opening a port to keep them from seeing anything other than the two at the end. If you need more detail. PM me. The poppers are setup so you can see all the calibration area of the second over the first.

Here's the updated drawing... You may be able to do away with the two walls just beyond the barricade.

Sightlines are as follows..

Left side of barricade PP1-PP2 T1-T5-T6

Middle T3-T4

Right PP4-PP3 T1-T6-T2

stage6.jpg

post-10719-1237853271_thumb.jpg

Edited by JThompson