Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missouri Fall Classic

CENTRAL OZARKS PRACTICAL SHOOTERS is hosting the

2003 Missouri Fall Classic State Championship

DATES: Oct 3, 4, & 5, 2003

FEE: $75.00- Adults

$50.00 for USPSA Junior Division

The 2003 Missouri Fall Classic is a voluntary USPSA Point Series Match. An additional Fee of $10.00 is required for participation in the USPSA Point Series Match.

This is great match if you like run and gun.

I hope to see at the match.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Team brianenos.com wins the award for the fastest and most mike shooting!!!!

Woot for us!

It was a fun match. Real challenging with all the hard cover. Some of the stages required a lot of thought on target engagement order. Speaking of hard cover, that's where all of my mikes ended up.

Having said all of that, I had a blast with Kyle and Bryant and the rest of the squad. It was one of the funnest squads I have been in.

The shootoff was fun. The handicap system was interesting to say the least. The higher you are in class, the more poppers you get to shoot down. Shoot open, add another popper.

All in all, a real fun match, well run, I'll be back next year. Saw lots of friends, made new ones, and generally had a good time from start to finish.

Team brianenos.com wins the award for the fastest and most mike shooting!!!!

Missing sucks...I wonder what causes that. :unsure::D

The range is nice. Big bays. The match was well run. They got the scores out in a timely fashion.

They could have used a bit more variety in the stage designs. The smallest stage was the one with the two Texas Stars, 16 rounds. Many were 32 rounds. No speed shoots. No standards.

Looking at the winning stage scores in Limited...the hit factors all fell between 5 & 10. If you take out the lowest (the classifer) and the highest, then they factored between 6 & 9. (Again, that is the stage winning hit factor.)

They did have quite a few No-shoots standing sentry duty in the stages. Lots of possible shoot-thrus. The No-shoot that I clipped, had the hit been two-tenths of an inch lower, I would of had to reshoot. Other than that, I don't think it was a factor in our squad. (We had a real nice squad.)

The stages did require accuarcy...as they should (DVC!). And, the arrays had the targets spread out, requiring good transitions and such.

They ended up with more shooters than they were expecting. As a result, they aimed to cycle each shooter thru in 3 minutes. That wasn't a problem with our squad. They did only give 3 minutes to look the stages over, however. That was a bit too tight. We could have used 5 minutes, for sure. (Which would have added 20 minutes to the match.) The stages weren't what I would call "memory tests", so it wasn't too bad.

I liked the idea of shooting on Saturday, then having the man-on-man shoot and the awards on Sunday morning.

Overall...thumbs-up.

Missing does suck, and I did plenty of it at the MO Fall Classic.

That being said, I did have a lot of fun. The range is great, the weather was fantastic, and the match was well run. The time was a little tight as Flex mentioned, but overall it went pretty smoothly.

The stages required harder shots than stages I shoot on average, but there was nothing I felt I couldn't do. Just lots I didn't.

The squad was great; one would be fortunate to shoot in squads that talented and hard working from top to bottom at every match. On top of that, they were generally just cool people (for the most part ;) ).

The shootoffs were fun and well run also. The handicap system worked much better than I anticipated and the final results really showed that. I managed to stay in longer than I should have as I wasn't shooting particularly well.

I viewed this match as a fun match with the opportunity to shoot with some friends, make some new ones, and tuneup for our State match this upcoming weekend. I think it served its purpose for me. I realized some things I can do and some things I can do but need some work. And I realized all I have to do to be successful is DO them. May be easier said than done, but I think it helped.

Good shooting with you guys (and gal). Hope to do it again before too long.

Bryant

Unfortunately, those of us who were ROs shot on Friday. Rain and plastic bags were not friendly to us. But, that is the way it goes.

We enjoyed working the match and are glad the overall response is positive. We actually finished the match about an hour early.

One thing you can always count on at a COPS match is lots of field courses with high round count. No one likes to drive a long way for a match, only to shoot a few rounds. At least that has been the feedback in the past. And the shootoff has been a standard for years.

Sure had lots of folks cussing themselves at forgetting that plate behind the popper. We estimated 2-3 shooters out of every squad forgot to shoot it. Guess the flopper and disappearing target got all the attention.

Now we have all winter to plan and scheme devious courses for next years match.

Congrats to the winners!

Craig

We were ROs on the Wheelbarrow stage #2. The one with the floppers and hidden plate.

I had one gun malfunction in the entire match and it was on this stage while engaging the disappearing target. Only got one shot on it due to a FTF.

Matt, Jeff and I talked to you a bit-we were at the Nats talking to Collie.

Congratulations! I looked at the results over on USPSA.org. All you guys finished really well. I only wish I could have been there to have my butt handed to me by Flex and DB in Limited! I'm still planning on a Missouri trip this fall, but it looks like Thanksgiving.

Sam, I think I can speak for Flex and say it is unlikely either of us would have handed you anything with the way we shot. I'm pretty sure you would have taught us a lesson or two. It would have been great to shoot with you. Hopefully someday.

Bryant