Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV mags in 9mm Eagle issue

boo radley

Aaagh -- I thought found the perfect mag set up for my 9mm STI Eagle -- an SV 126mm 38/9mm tube, with the purple follower.

So I recently bought two more tubes. To my eyes, and probably poor measuring skills they appear identical to older tubes I have, but I'm running into this problem:

1) Neither tube will seat w/out *slamming* it up into the pistol. Otherwise, it never engages the magazine catch.

2) If I DO slam the tube up, so it seats, it's wedged in, and the magazine release won't allow it to drop free.

With the slide off, I can see nothing obviously catching or rubbing....What is going on? :(

thx

Aaagh -- I thought found the perfect mag set up for my 9mm STI Eagle -- an SV 126mm 38/9mm tube, with the purple follower.

So I recently bought two more tubes. To my eyes, and probably poor measuring skills they appear identical to older tubes I have, but I'm running into this problem:

1) Neither tube will seat w/out *slamming* it up into the pistol. Otherwise, it never engages the magazine catch.

2) If I DO slam the tube up, so it seats, it's wedged in, and the magazine release won't allow it to drop free.

With the slide off, I can see nothing obviously catching or rubbing....What is going on? :(

thx

Check for interference at the mag basepad around the front lip of the magwell.

thx

Check for interference at the mag basepad around the front lip of the magwell.

Yep, try seating it without the magwell on and see if the same thing happens. I had to mill/file some off of my magwell and basepads to avoid the same problem on my eagle in 40.

Sorry -- I should have added that I removed the basepad. That's another issue, but for now I'm just working with the bare tubes.

That's a good idea to check w/out the mag release, and see if there's friction. Corey -- I'm not sure what you mean about moving the ledge down?

Thx