Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bay Bridge Charity Classic 11

One of the oldest and longest running charity matches in USPSA's history is just around the corner. This year we hope to break the $100k mark of money given to the Santa Clara county Toys for Tots program. Great people, Great fun, Great cause! Come join us! 5 great stages desgined by our forum members. Open Squadding. More info and entry form

• 4 weeks later...

Not a great turnout today; hopefully more of the long-trek shooters will show up tomorrow. ong45, I want a piece of you!

My stage is killing people, and they don't know it. They are having trouble because of three targets visible from multiple locations. They aren't coming up with good plans. They are re-engaging targets. They are shooting long distance targets they could later engage up close on the move. People are getting lost at the end, in large part because their strategy is lacking. The L10 and Production strategies are the most questionable. They seem to have an irrational fear of reloads and go out of their way to shoot all 10 rounds and avoid a reload. They are taking four targets at longer range to save a two-and-half-step reload up close. I don't think I've seen a good 10-round run yet. The best Limited and Open runs so far are both 18 seconds (A class sandbaggers); the best 10-round run is around 30 seconds (B class). It doesn't take 12 extra seconds to do 2 extra reloads! :angry: That's right, 1 reload Limited, 1 reload Open, and 3 reloads L10 and Production, all using the same strategy.

Another thing, since I'm in the mood to criticize shooters. ;) If you're in B class or above, you had better shoot on the move when possible. Like at the full targets and Pepper Poppers starting stage 3, and like the final 24 rounds of my stage.

A few more showed up today bringing the total just shy of 80. Match went smooth.

Congrats to member ong45 for the match win. Nolan 1st M open, Erik Warren 1st A open.

We estimate over $4000 dollars will be given to the Toys for Tots. Match results should be on the TASCwebpage in a day or two. Thankyou to everone who came out and shot. And a special thanks to everone who helped set up stages, and RO.

Guest Larry Cazes

Erik, you put together a great stage! Tracy and I really enjoyed it and were talking with people about it all weekend. There were quite a few different ways to approach it and lots of traps to get caught up in. I can think of it least four targets in four different shooting positions where they were completely obscurred if you weren't in just the right spot. These were missed quite often when I was working the stage on saturday. There were also 2 or 3 targets that were engaged twice from 2 different positions quite a few times. Everyone who put together stages did a great job! Thanks guys for a thoroughly enjoyable weekend that I will remember for a long time.

Larry