Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polytech M1A

Nemo

The C&R guy from my office is offering to sell to me the one of these rifles, Chinese polytech.

I don't know a thing about M1As, only that Springfield makes some neat versions. Are these Chinese rifles worth considering? Any good, bad or indifferent?

Please let me know.

Thanks

I had the Marstar Import M14s, and while it had some tuning issues, it was a great value. The op-rod guide needed to be repinned to take out the clocking. The gas system was shimmed. I burned the commie firewood stock and fitted a fiberglass stock.

With SA Surplus, it was a 3 MOA gun with iron sights.

Thanks for the link, Bruce.

Glad to! BTW, Clint (who is the top-of-the-heap in M1A/M14 rifles) says that the Polytech receiver is really good. The problems are the bolt and headspace.

If anybody is looking for an M1A stock, I have the synthetic stock and handguard that came off of my SA SOCOM 16. I put a J Allen Enterprises stock on my SOCOM. It is excellent has adjustable comb, length of pull, barrel tensioner and rails etc.

I Have a Springfield National Match Stainless bbl and a poly tech I bought about the same time 12 years ago

Both do very very well

The Springfield shoots 1.55 " @ 100 with my reloads using Bulk 165 Grn Remington Corelock Bullets

and AA 2520

The Poly Tech shoots best w/ 168 Gr Sierra BTHP Match Same Charge of 2520 and does 1.75 @ 100

I had Trigger work done to both , The SA is still a much nicer trigger and a lot better looking.

But @ 1/2 the Price it is not to bad.

I use SA 3 Rd Gen 7.62 4x14 x 56 Rangefinding scopes on both.

and they both function great with the New Mil Spec mags I use.

Hope this helps

SWandME

715-367-1144