Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS sweet 16 bull barrel

rupie

I am new to AR-15 competitition

I have a DPMS sweet 16 bull barrel, it has a free floating hand gaurd that is solid steel. I have a scope mounted on my flat top and I am trying to figure out how to mount a Aimpoint comp for a second optic. I tried a scope mount that has a rail on one of the mounts 90 degrees out from high rise scope mount. But I couldnt get the aimpoint to dial in. I think it is to far from the barrel axis. I cant figure out a way to mount it on the hand gaurd short of drilling and taping a rail to it.

Any Ideas?

ok no Ideas..... how about anyone that has two optics mounted how did you do it?

I've heard Matt Burkett talk about mounting his non-magnifying optic on a 45' angle on the upper. Try going to his website or the JP web site.

ok no Ideas..... how about anyone that has two optics mounted how did you do it?

I've heard Matt Burkett talk about mounting his non-magnifying optic on a 45' angle on the upper. Try going to his website or the JP web site.

It's right on his home page.

http://www.mattburkett.com/

"The Burkett Off Set Scope Mount fits any picatinny rail and you can use a JPoint, Trijicon RedDot, Burris Fast Fire or Doctor." Might not work with the Aimpoint.

My first 3-gun rifle was Bushy with a alum FF tube, I drilled and tapped a 1913 rail at about the 1:30 position for a JP short range tac sight. I've since sold the gun, but it's still on there and good to go.

Drill and tap a rail on your forearm and shoot the hell outta it.

Drill and tap the tube for a piece of rail. Put the Aimpoint in a Larue or ARMS QD mount and then mount the Aimpoint. I did this for about 2 years and worked great!

Rich

Did you remove the hand gaurd to drill it?