Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shipping ammop

Theodore

I'm returning to the Bianchi match after 29 years. I attended the first and second Cup back in 79 and 80. Does anyone give me an idea as to the cost to ship a 1000 rounds of 200 gr 45? Both my son and I will be shooting and we are going to stay with the 45 I started with instead of my 9x21 or STI 38 open IPSC gun.

Hi Theodore,

It is as simple as putting it in a container and marking it ORM-D on the sides.....UPS Ground does the rest.

If you use a 50Cal ammo can duct tape the whole thing so the handle doesn't pop up and cause problems on their conveyor belts......I have kept boxes for cases of ammo and now use them to send ammo......lighter, and when you tape up the whole box it is pretty secure too!

Hope this helps, and I will see you there!

DougC

Here's a link to one of the threads concerning shipping ammo.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...l=shipping+ammo

It was mentioned in another thread about opening a UPS account online, then having them pick up the package at your home. You definately avoid the BS that sometimes is encountered at a UPS depot. Even if you decide to drop it off, you'll have it paid for, and a label printed out and stuck on the box. No hassle involved. Just make sure you have the ORM-D label on the box.

Just another suggestion, we have quite a few from overseas order ammunition from us (Zero Ammuniton) and have it shipped to the Match Hotel. This way you avoid all the hastle and we have I think around 70% of the shooters using our projectiles or loaded ammunition. I know I have since 1985 for the Cup and 1979 when I was shooting PPC. But if you decide to do this I would order asap as we are very busy.

Kim M. Beckwith