Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Load Data Please

Luggo

The Hodgdon site shows starting loads at 4.3 grains W231 with a 115 grain LRN and 4.7 gr W231 with a Speer 115 gr GoldDot Jacketed Hollow Point. JHP and FMJ are very similar when developing loads. Seems like a good place to start.

The Hodgdon site shows starting loads at 4.3 grains W231 with a 115 grain LRN and 4.7 gr W231 with a Speer 115 gr GoldDot Jacketed Hollow Point. JHP and FMJ are very similar when developing loads. Seems like a good place to start.

that is a wide variation from what is posted below, which is what worries me. I am going to have to spring for a good manual, my Lyman 47 just isn't much help.

Thank you

I have been trying to work up a good 231/hp38 load with 115's. With my 4.4 barrel sig 226, I just did a setup with 4.65gr of hp38/231 and that gives me about 1070 average. This was with 115gr Montana gold FMJ, 1.125 O.A.L.

I am trying to find the best OAL for my gun, and ive also done one run with .1 less gr, and 1.100 oal that was pretty close to the same velocity.

I would suggest starting with a bit less powder, and working your way up.

I have been trying to work up a good 231/hp38 load with 115's. With my 4.4 barrel sig 226, I just did a setup with 4.65gr of hp38/231 and that gives me about 1070 average. This was with 115gr Montana gold FMJ, 1.125 O.A.L.

I am trying to find the best OAL for my gun, and ive also done one run with .1 less gr, and 1.100 oal that was pretty close to the same velocity.

I would suggest starting with a bit less powder, and working your way up.

I have had no problems with 1.125 in a G17, Ruger P89 or a 92FS. I think I will start around 4.2gr. I don't have to be worried about PF's or the like, just enough to knock a steel plate over and punch paper.