Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625's dont bounce off the floor!

colbyjack

well was taking the cylender out of the 625 today. i hurt my arm a few weeks ago, any way got it out was sliding it out of the crane and arm said up yours. i dropped it and the crane landed on the rubber mat work bench. the cyl bounced off the floor twice and landed in a little pail. now i cant see any marks on the cylender, i rolled the extractor pin on the bench it looks flat. i did break a tit off the extractor, im sure if thats it everything should be ok.

so if the crane stayed on the bench i dont need to worry bout being out of time right?

since its mooned the one tit wont hurt anything being broke off the ejector right?

if the ejector rod is bent a hair and dry cycles fine is it ok to shoot?

any way i need another beer........... -chris

well was taking the cylender out of the 625 today. i hurt my arm a few weeks ago, any way got it out was sliding it out of the crane and arm said up yours. i dropped it and the crane landed on the rubber mat work bench. the cyl bounced off the floor twice and landed in a little pail. now i cant see any marks on the cylender, i rolled the extractor pin on the bench it looks flat. i did break a tit off the extractor, im sure if thats it everything should be ok.

so if the crane stayed on the bench i dont need to worry bout being out of time right?

since its mooned the one tit wont hurt anything being broke off the ejector right?

Chris I may be wrong but timing is in the hand and rachet. The rounds "SHOULD" keep the extractor where it is supposed to be if nothing else has changed. The older style had pins to keep it all lined up and I have shot K frames with out the pins. I would put dummies or expende brass in the cylinder and see if there is ANY play in the cylinder/rachet. I hope you understand it better than I write it. later rdd

well was taking the cylinder out of the 625 today. i hurt my arm a few weeks ago, any way got it out was sliding it out of the crane and arm said up yours. i dropped it and the crane landed on the rubber mat work bench. the cyl bounced off the floor twice and landed in a little pail. now i cant see any marks on the cylinder, i rolled the extractor pin on the bench it looks flat. i did break a tit off the extractor, im sure if thats it everything should be ok.

Chris I may be wrong but timing is in the hand and ratchet. The rounds "SHOULD" keep the extractor where it is supposed to be if nothing else has changed. The older style had pins to keep it all lined up and I have shot K frames with out the pins. I would put dummies or expended brass in the cylinder and see if there is ANY play in the cylinder/ratchet. I hope you understand it better than I write it. later rdd

If you just dropped the cylinder you most likely did not put the gun out of time. Timing is set by the interface of the hand and ratchet. You may have damaged the tip on the extractor which could cause some drag as it holds the cylinder shut.

Yeah,I bet its just fine.My wife was using my 625 at a pin match last summer when it spit the crane and cylinder out.I guess the screw backed out a little.It was kind of funny actually,to me anyway.She didn't think so though.At that point I decided to mess with her a little.I acted all concerned that it was probably all bent and that the gun was probably toast.Maybe not my best idea ever,but I thought it was funny.Anyway,I threw it back together,the gun was fine,she finished the match,domestic harmony resumed,and the gun has been fine ever since.-Mike

Dude I bounced my 625 off the cement floor once so hard the main spring came out of place and the Millett sightwas knock WAAAAAAAAAAAy over.

I put it back together ran to the range rezeroed it and shot a match with it the next day.