Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optic for an R8?

Stlhead

Hello,

I have an R8 that currently has a Smith branded tube Aimoint knock off on it and I am considering putting something else on it. I plan on using the gun for steel and possibly some fun matches. C-more? Fast fire? I am leaning to the C-more, but have toyed with the idea of an Aimpoint T-1. Tough little red dot, but not sure how it would be on a pistol. Thanks!

My girlfriend's ruger has an Optima on it, which is the same as a Fastfire. After using a borrowed gun with a C-More with an 8min dot, I much prefer it over the Optima. It's faster to pick up, and the bigger dot felt much faster to me.

They jury is still out on whether or not I will shoot open in anything steel or ICORE but I am trying the FASTFIRE just because I like how low it can be mounted.

I know Pinshooters C-more mount is low but I think the JP mount for the Fastfire, Doctor,Optima, ect is still a good bit lower. I tired it practicing on steel today and did OK a huge change for me though.

I have two 627s one is 38 super and one 38/357. I have a J Point on one and a C-More on the other. I prefer the C-more probably because I shoot open and am use to the C-More. The new Aimpoint might be nice on a revolver. I would like to try one but they are to pricey if you ended up not liking it.

I could actually pull a T-1 off of a carbine to try it out so all I would need is to get a low mount from Larue and re-zero if I put it back on the carbine. I have a C-more on my open bottom feeder and I like it, but it is pretty high off the bore and takes a little getting used to. I just was wanting a little feedback before a plunged down either path. If I do the C-more I think that Pinshooter's mount looks like the way to go. Thanks guys for the opinions.