Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IWB for VIP

steel1212

Anybody packing a VIP and if so what are you packing it in?

Well mines a Trojan, but you should look at Milt Sparts VMII. Very comfortable for EDC.

A.T.

Got one for my TRP but I don't think it will work for the VIP

I carried one for about two years in a Milt Sparks Horsehide Summer Special II. Very comfortable. Only problem was it took 12 weeks to get.

I also have a Comp-Tac belt slide kydex made for the VIP if you are interested.

The VIP's do not fit in a standard commander or compact 1911 holster because of the shape of the dust cover and the square trigger guard.

My carry holster of choice now is the Comp-Tac Infidel IWB. I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

Any other options out there? I would like something tuckable and it looks like the CTAC from comp-tac is my only choice. Didn't really like the C.O.M. stuff. I'll need a holster for now and place an order and wait for a VMII.

Look at the CompTac MTAC, it's tuckable and MUCH more comfortable. Beats the snot out of the miserable kydex IWB holsters.

My experience with tuckable is that V-clips are the only way to go. Otherwise you go thru all that trouble and have 2 mystery clips exposed over your belt, and I did get questioned on it by a sharp-eyed coleague at an inopportune moment. I still have a CTAC (for a Kahr) that I keep for the V-clips, but basically I have gone over to pocket carry instead of tucked for those dress situations. Much less hassle, probably quicker in need, and more comfy.

Edited by ben b.