Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

An Italian Shooter With Rem 1100 !!!

sensei

Hi Guys,

At first, excuse me for my english, i will try to don't make too much mistakes.

My name is Luca Ricciardi, i am an Italian Shotgun shooter, few days ago i had the onor to compete with the Italian Official Modified Team, at the European Shotgun Championships.

I had a very good time, in theese 3 days of competition, expecially with the guys of the UK Official Modified Team, because at the end of the match we didn't was only competitors, but we was friends.

I hope we will met again !!! thanks to Steve, Barry, Neil, Mike and John.

Now i have a little problem, i have a new Remington 1100 Competion Master (very very cool !!!), and i wish to install the Easyloader, in the instruction i can read that it is very simple, and that i don't need gunsmitting to install this, but at the end, they write that is necessary a "little" fitting to adgiust the easyloader ................... can somebody help me ??? (Kurt ?) eheheheheh

I wish make my congratulation to Mr. Kurt Miller, (i Would make to my M1 the sames works that he made to his Benelli), because in the Long Courses of the Match, we stop to do every thing, to see him shooting and expecially to see him put 3 shells a time with the left hand ...... fantastic, too much fast.

Me and my friend (we are at the same shooting club) Rossano Zallocco, will try to training your fantastic charging metod, ............ we will try !!!

ciao, ragazzi (hi guys)

Luca

Hi Luca

I am sorry to inform you that the new Remington Competition Master has a unique carrier assembly then all the other 1100's, and that the Easyloader will not fit.

Thank you very much, i was thinking that the easyloader was good for every kind of Rem 1100, in effects this specific model is designed for IPSC competition, and the new model of carrier is a specific caratteristic, respect the others 1100 and 11-87, ........... i will conserve the easyloader for the next Remington (basic model !!!).

Thank you

Luca

Hi Luca, welcome to the forum,

I will pass your compliments onto Barry who hasn't yet realised the benefits of this forum, or should I say doesnt know how to work a computer. :rolleyes:

There is nothing stopping you from buying a cheap secondhand standard 1100 trigger group and simply fitting the easyloader and putting this in the gun. From what I saw of the Comp master it will work just fine. Its nice to see an Italian with a Remmy, we were slightly outnumbered by you Benelli shooters out there !

Mike

How can an Easy Loader made to work on a standard 1100/11-87 possibly work on a Competition Master.

The carrier release button is about 1" long on the 1100/11-87 and the Competition Master carrier release button is over 2" long.

Are you confusing a Speed loader for a Easy Loader.

thank you guys,

now i have the situation more "clear",

one question to shooter40, where i can see the EZ-Loader (is a different product ? ), on Internet is possible ? i would like to understand if this product is good for my shotgun,

anyway i have just started to train with the rem 1100 Comp Master, and it work just fine, without any modific, ..................... we will see.

Ciao

Luca

Thank at all of you,

i will try ................. no problem

............................................................ and now another question, what you think about "Beretta al 391 Extrema 3' 1/2" ?

i think is, maybe heavy, but it works very very well.

Have somebody tried this wonderfull italian shotgun ???

Hi Luca

I can't comment on the performance of the Extrema, for I haven't shot one. But I sold them when I worked at a sporting good store (Galyan's) and know a little about it. But I have shoot the Benelli Super Black Eagle

The Beretta Extrema is a slightly modified Benelli Super Black Eagle. It's made on the same assembly line as the Benelli.

I could only assume that It shoot as well as a Benelli, and kicks like a mule like the Benelli too.

sahauptman,

I think you make confusion, because the Beretta Xtrema 3.5 it is a shotgun with the gas recover, like the Rem or like the Franchi 712.

That shotgun have the rotating head of the bolt, like the Benelli System, but it don't works like a Benelli (inertial sistem), it works with the recovering of the gas, the particular bolt (like the Benelli), is for a stronger and a very resistant closing of the bolt, but it is a real recover-gas autoloading shotgun.

The barrel have the gas-cylinder and at the end of this cylinder there is a special spring, to control the sollecitation from the magnum and the super-magnum shells.

The great thing is that the magazine tube continue over the gas-cylinder, and then we can use the concept of Benelli, Remington, and the others, to make extras-magazine tubes, expecially for IPSC shooting.

Yesterday i had shoot 200 shells with the new Rem comp. Master, it is very, very smooth, it don't kick and i handly this "american boy" very friendly, like i had from years (not only from a week !!!), i was very surprise from the precision using the slugs ammunition, at 50 yds, in very fast double taps, i put two shoots in five-seven centimeters, i think that is very good for an IPSC logic shooting.

ciao

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I just joined the site, its good to see some names i recognise from the Italy match, I had the pleasure of shooting in the UK modified team, I would like to thank Luca & the other guys in the italian squad for their company during the match & hope we get a chance to meet again.

Luca are you plannning a blue paint job for that Remington ?

Neil

Dear Neil,

Thank you for your post, now i am tryng the new Remmy, and i had good impression, .... we will see.

The "blue dress" was only for the Special Event, (ESC 2003), i don't think i will paint this shotgun also.

But the grip-work to the stock ...... i have to find the time, because the last time i have worked a lot of hours !!! ............. at the evening (after dinner), and my wife can think i go in others places ...... ahahah !!!

see you, ciao.

Trigger......? :D

Hello mate, good to have you join us. Barry missed you at the weekend, he was running around looking for his little mate to discuss the benefits of being master grade !!

How did the build go ? keep the stage under the sleepers as I liked that one and didnt mind the limbo position it required, Bazza liked it too as he could shoot it standing up !

See you in a few weeks, and tell Jon to take a change of dry clothes to the comp. :ph34r:

Mike

Hi Mike

Sorry we missed you guys at the weekend Both Jon & I were working & having used up all our remaining holidays on the trip to Italy we had to miss the harlow match, a blow really, Im sure you missed us (not)

how did it go, who won ?

We are building the match over the next two weekends & ill try to dig a nice deep pond in front of the sleeper stage if its in the match just to ensure everyone gets wet, tell Baza to bring some arm bands cos he wont touch the bottom !!!!!

I have told Jon to bring clothes & waterproofs to wales he just said " bring it on, ill be ready" :D

looks like wales will be another wet one as usual !!!!!!

see ya soon mate

Trigger !!!