Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lining the Cylinder up

Boats

For years when reloading a revolver always closed the Cylinder then rotated with my left hand until the stop engaged the notch. Wondering why. Pull the trigger and the hand rotates it anyway.

Speed loading & shooting is there any reason to line things up before the next shot ?

Boats

For years when reloading a revolver always closed the Cylinder then rotated with my left hand until the stop engaged the notch. Wondering why. Pull the trigger and the hand rotates it anyway.

Speed loading & shooting is there any reason to line things up before the next shot ?

Boats

Just line up the sights. The machine takes care of everything else. :D

Does not hurt to rotate the cylinder enough to check for something dragging. :devil:

It hurts to use up the time if you're on the clock!

One of the ways to improve performance is to identify those little unnecessary things we're doing that eat up time, and work to remove them from habituation.

Does not hurt to rotate the cylinder enough to check for something dragging. :devil:

One of the ways to improve performance is to identify those little unnecessary things we're doing that eat up time, and work to remove them from habituation.

I misread the question. Meant check it at the make ready. Never in the middle of a stage!

I misread the question. Meant check it at the make ready. Never in the middle of a stage!

I've got to shoot with Mike in July. He SHOULD spin check at each reload, and brush each chamber too!