Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AARP

Mikej

I joined AARP when I turned 50 last year. I will not renew.

Except for the discounts I see no benefit to joining. Sniff around and you can get over 50 benefits somewhere else. The biggest one I use is hotel discounts. I've yet to have to show a card to get it.

Besides their stance on 2A, and medical issues, I've got a problem with their business practices. My elderly aunt who was a member of AARP died two years ago. When her membership renewal came up I wrote "DECEASED" across the form and mailed it back. In return I got a complementary 1 year extension on HER membership. She's dead and still a member. Guess she votes too. And when THAT membership expired it was extended again. Still get the magazine and newsletter in her name. One way to pump up your numbers.

My aunt didn't like revolvers but I do. I asked Elliot Aysen at one of the matches whether my 686 could be pressed into service in Revolver Division and he stated that it was a bit difficult for it to make Minor. Get a 625 and be done with it. So, what does a tricked out 625 go for?

<snip>I asked Elliot Aysen at one of the matches whether my 686 could be pressed into service in Revolver Division

and he stated that it was a bit difficult for it to make Minor. Get a 625 and be done with it. So, what does a tricked out 625 go for?

You sure that's what was said ?? there's 686 shooters shooting major with 158 grn heads and I'd guess a ton of 'em

shooting ICORE at a 130 power factor.

Now for the action shooting game you might want to get it moonclipped but you don't have to, I hear Bubber uses speedloaders

pretty well with the L frame. get yourself 6-8 speedloaders (don't forget the holders) a holster and your ready !

OH ! and sorry fot the thread drift :cheers:

I asked Elliot Aysen at one of the matches whether my 686 could be pressed into service in Revolver Division and he stated that it was a bit difficult for it to make Minor. Get a 625 and be done with it. So, what does a tricked out 625 go for?
Big oops. It was Major.

Oh, and AARP still isn't getting any more of my money.