Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from a TN Noob

McAllyn

Hello, All.

Been lurking for months, finally decided to ask some (hopefully) intelligent questions.

I started shooting Production with a local club here in Middle TN at the end of last year, and I'm totally hooked on this game.

I'm curious to know what you guys think of shooting multiple divisions? Our club shoots one match a month with two rounds on Saturday and two rounds on Sunday. So far, I'm only shooting Production with my XD Tac, but I'm considering adding SS, Lim-10, and possibly Limited in there as well, to maximize the fun over the course of the entire weekend.

I have an SA Loaded 45 for SS, and I'm looking at an STI Edge for Lim-10 and/or Lim. Are these reasonable pieces of equipment to at least compete in their divisions? I'm not good, by any means, even with my XD, but I love to get out of the house and shoot, so as long as these won't gimp me any further than my poor skills will, than I think that's the way I'll go.

Finally, if anyone knows a reliable Gunsmith in the Mid TN area, could you point them out to me? I'd like to get some work done, and I always try to support local businesses first.

Thanks in advance,

Mac

Hello, All.

Been lurking for months, finally decided to ask some (hopefully) intelligent questions.

I started shooting Production with a local club here in Middle TN at the end of last year, and I'm totally hooked on this game.

I'm curious to know what you guys think of shooting multiple divisions?

Welcome to the forum.

I think focusing on one division (and one gun) at a time is probably a better way to go. Most of the good shooters I see tend to do that. Your mileage may vary.

Hello, All.

I'm curious to know what you guys think of shooting multiple divisions?

Welcome to the forum.

I think focusing on one division (and one gun) at a time is probably a better way to go. Most of the good shooters I see tend to do that. Your mileage may vary.

+1

I shoot mainly open but I shoot also sometimes limited, production and SS.

Welcome to the forum Mac :D !

Thanks, guys, for the input.

I've never been known to be extraordinarily competitive, so I'm not looking to make GM anytime soon. Right now, as a beginner, I feel my time is best spent watching and listening to the experienced shooters, learning the safety and rules procedures, and building strong fundamentals.

I'm interested in shooting in the other divisions just to see what I enjoy the most. Open is out for me right now just because to get my hands on a decent Open rig would be a little outside the finances, but I can piece together pretty much any other division. I would tend to think that the basics apply to all of the divisions though: safety, breaking down arrays, movement, and site tracking. Wouldn't increasing any of these fundamentals tend to spread to all divisions?

Thanks,

Mac