Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking Over Sights!!! (and Missing)

PistolPete

Here is the deal. When shooting my open gun I never run into any problems. Well, for some reason lately I've been shooting my stock gun and I've been doing terrible. When I practice on my own on the plate rack never any problems. Then sometimes (esp. tonight) when shooting man on man I get stupid and I'm not hitting my plates. This never happens during practice and I'm not nervous so it isn't that. I've figured out my problem is that for whatever reason lately I've been looking OVER my sights instead of thru them to see if I'm hitting my target. This was a problem when I first started shooting and for some reason it is now recurring. Anyone have any ideas? As long as I'm aware of it it is a very simple fix. However, when I'm driving home from the range wondering why I didn't hit anything it is a problem. Any suggestions? Now I'll consciously be aware of it so I'm sure it won't keep happening but what is going on with me? LOL

Pete

& CALL the shot!!!

I see this with people all the time. Usually shooting steel.

The shooter wants to look and see if the steel is going down. They then start dropping the gun as it goes off...and the hits turn into misses.

Stick to the fundamentals....TRUST your sights, and keep them on target until the front sight lifts out of the notch.