Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fedex Ground

sperman

So my used 650 is almost here. For some reason the person I purchased it from shipped it with "Direct Signature Required." They tried to deliver it on Saturday, but since we're working 6 days a week, I wasn't home. No big deal, the Fedex Office is about 10 minutes from my house. I stop by there after work, to find out they don't handle Fedex ground. That's done down by the airport (45 minutes away.) They tell me to call the 800 number.

After listnening to them talk to me in spanish, and then try and convert from being a DHL customer, I finally get to start working through the voice mail system. After pressing 0 about 5 times in a row, I finally get to a human. I explain that I will not be home during the day, and I cannot make it down to their shipping office. They say my only option is to refuse the package, and have the shipper re-send it to a different address, or re-send it no signature required. I offer to waive any insurance claim if they will deliver it without a signature. "Only the shipper can do that." I ask if it can be re-directed to a different addres. "Only the shipper can do that." On the verge of telling this guy to go jump in a lake (edited for our younger viewers) I ask to speak to a supervisor. He must have explained the situation to her, because she immediately offers to forward the package to my work address. Why does it have to be this difficult?

Thanks for listening to me bitch. I feel much better. And I should have my 650 by Wednesday.

Edited by sperman

I'm glad that you finally talked to someone with a little common sense. Most of these people just follow the rule book, hoping they will keep their jobs a little longer.

Shortly, this little aggravation will be forgotten as you churn out the ammo. :cheers:

Enjoy,

A.T.

I completely understand. They are the only shipping company that I refuse to use. In my case, management was absolutely no help in getting a package delivered. Two weeks later, the youth rifle stock was finally delivered; a week after my son's birthday.