Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Being slow at work

scribble

I work for a fairly large Automotive dealership franchise and the past few days have just been sparse with work. I had 4 customers in the books as of 630 this morning. I am just tired of standing around with nothing to do.

Well, we found out yesterday that our Bankruptcy Dept is a bit behind average in receipts/collections to meet our minimum maintenance costs, so I'm spending the weekend brainstorming ideas for collections and analysis on why this happened (things often slow down in January, but this was ridiculous). I may be adding Collections to my job description just to keep my job. Which wouldn't be unusual... I've done SOME collections previously (but not the hard-core, harrassing kind--and I made it clear that's not my style), so I might be able to help out. Maybe prayer will work....... :unsure: Acckk....

Well, we found out yesterday that our Bankruptcy Dept is a bit behind average in receipts/collections to meet our minimum maintenance costs, so I'm spending the weekend brainstorming ideas for collections and analysis on why this happened (things often slow down in January, but this was ridiculous). I may be adding Collections to my job description just to keep my job. Which wouldn't be unusual... I've done SOME collections previously (but not the hard-core, harrassing kind--and I made it clear that's not my style), so I might be able to help out. Maybe prayer will work....... :unsure: Acckk....

What... you can't see yourself saying "Pay your freaking bills or I'll 2 bravo your ass!!!" ?

:roflol:

Frank

I wear the collections hat at work when needed as I am self employed. I get the best results when folks find out I am willing to be reasonable and compromise. Hard-core Harassing collections efforts have never done much but make enemies for us.....

I'm willing to help out with Collections at work to some degree, but I have to have a meeting Monday with a couple of people at the office to discern our current Collections policy and procedure and find out what they're already doing about it and where I might fit in. I will at least speak my mind and offer a couple of firm ideas. I don't want to see MY hours cut back because of some OTHER department's laxity. <_<

I also have to realize that, in terms of bankruptcy clients, they're ALREADY in financial stress of some sort and don't need us harassing them for money. What we might need to do is change our up-front retainer policies (again) to boost the amount of initial retainer (again) and put, most importantly!, a TIME LIMIT on how long they can drag out the whole process of payment and filing. [We do not file their case with the courts until they pay in full, so that helps expedite everyone's fiscal needs. This policy prompts them to pay up before we can legally call off the dogs... and they know that.]

Most people are willing to make SOME kind of compromise with regard to paying debts and we'll explore that aspect with regard to our OTHER departments' receivables. I also need to know which local collection agencies we're sending bad debts to and what actual effort they're making on our behalf. Sometimes these agencies don't do much at all but send the client something in the mail once a month--which the client summarily ignores--and charge some extra interest. Something more expedient may need to be introduced into the process to git 'er done.