Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brand New -- Glock 21 Reloading

Lanzo

I'm brand new to reloading and want to order some stuff online to exp with to see what I like best. Any idea's for 45 Auto out of a Glock 21SF? Anyone know if anyone is shooting flat nose bullets out of a Glock? What about 230gr vs 200gr vs 185gr bullets? JHP(if you can find them)...CMJ...or FMJ? Are Montana Gold's worth the price difference from zero bullets? What about a reasonable (price wise) way to try as many different loads as possible?

I'm just looking for lots and lots of ideas to tinker with to see what I like...snappy vs soft recoil...bullet weight and power factor...etc...problem is...i really dont know jack about reloadiing so I'm being half-way lazy and am relying on the forum to send me on my own personal reloading adventure!

Not sure if it makes a difference or not but I'd be reloading on a XL650 using Clay powder.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Lanzo

Lanzo,

Suggest you do two things: First, do a search of the Forum for .45 ACP Reloading or something similar, and secondly check out the General Reloading & Load Data section of the Forum under the .45 ACP section. Will find a wealth of information there. Also check the reloading manuals you purchased.

My load is 4.5 grains of WST with a Winchest large pistol primer and a Remington 230gr FMJ.

I received 11lbs of WST when I purchased a used 650 from a local guy on another board. He also included 5k primers and a ton of brass.

For my load, recoil is manageable and my Glock just eats it up. I do get my projos from a local guy who sells me the Remington projos for $110 per thousand. Currently he is cheaper than buying cast or plated bullets.