Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SS Guide Rod

rtg

I thought is was not ok to use Tungsten rods in Production shooting...

As long as the weight of the gun does not exceed the two ounce limit you are OK.

Ok Cool

• 4 weeks later...

As long as the weight of the gun does not exceed the two ounce limit you are OK.

Which brings up a "Rules" question: What is the baseline weight measurement for a gun? Is it the mfr's catalog weight or does USPSA have a weight in mind?

And, is that baseline weight with or without magazine? I once weighed a factory stock G-23 without the mag. It came to 600 grams/21.16 oz., exactly what the catalog says, so that would lead me to believe that it would be "without magazine".

Which brings up a "Rules" question: What is the baseline weight measurement for a gun? Is it the mfr's catalog weight or does USPSA have a weight in mind?

And, is that baseline weight with or without magazine? I once weighed a factory stock G-23 without the mag. It came to 600 grams/21.16 oz., exactly what the catalog says, so that would lead me to believe that it would be "without magazine".

Since the weight listed on the production list for a glock 23 is 23.5oz, and the catalog weight is 21.16... one could assume that the weight is with an empty mag inserted, but I can't find anything in the rules or on the production list actually stating that anywhere stating that...

All weights are listed on the production list at http://www.uspsa.org/rules/production_list.php

Matter of fact... I just e-mailed John asking if it is weighed with or without a mag....

Frank

Quick response from John... here is my question and his answer. I don't know if he will post a ruling or not...

My Question:

John... concerning the weight of production guns... I can't find the answer anywhere in the rule book or on the production list.

Is the gun weighed with no magazine, an empty magazine, or a loaded magazine.

For example... the catalog weight of a Glock 23 is 21.16oz... the production list shows it at 23.5 oz... add the 2 oz variance, and it comes to as much as 25.5 oz (or an 18 percent difference in catalog to allowed...)

I assume the difference between the catalog weight and the production list weight is to account for an empty magazine, but you know what they say about assuming.

Thanks for your time.

Frank A58764

CRO

Answer from John Amidon:

Hi Frank,

Yes the weight includes an empty magazine when weighed, same as single stack, unfortunately it will not show in Production until the next fix of the rules.

John