Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy from the green state

edgerat

I imagine this question could wait until I get to the range but are all of these things like SAFE areas and what not VERY obvious? Did I read it right that you need to go on safe between targets if you are on the move? so, bang bang, bang bang, safe, RUN, un-safe bang bang, bang bang???

Actually there's no requirement to put the gun on-Safe while moving between shooting positions. In this case, "safe" means "finger outside the trigger guard, don't break the 180".

got it, alrighty I will read through this stuff again a few times at work today and see if I can't commit it to memory. Don't point the gun at myself, the crowd, the RO, the SO, too much of the ground, keep my finger out of the triggah guard unless I am on target, shoot only alpha's or get DQ'd... got it!

Edgerat -- if you're really new to competition shooting....we're going to be holding a Beginning Practical Shooting 101 Class out of Renton on the 4th weekend of April (2 day class). You might consider going that route. The class will be taught by experiened shooters (GM/M/A class). It will not only discuss the safety/rules issues pertaining to USPSA but will also get into techniques. The class hasn't been "formally" announced yet. When it does, it will probably show up on the NWS webpage.

Edited by SteveZ

Edgerat -- if you're really new to competition shooting....we're going to be holding a Beginning Practical Shooting 101 Class out of Renton on the 4th weekend of April (2 day class). You might consider going that route. The class will be taught by experiened shooters (GM/M/A class). It will not only discuss the safety/rules issues pertaining to USPSA but will also get into techniques. The class hasn't been "formally" announced yet. When it does, it will probably show up on the NWS webpage.

drat! the fourth weekend in April is the beloved Conard Cup for me...

drat! the fourth weekend in April is the beloved Conard Cup for me...

Edgerat, get ahold of Dave Farrow at Paul Bunyan. We are shooting USPSA there this Sunday. I think he can do a safety check for you if you get there early.

link for Paul Bunyan with Contact info:

http://www.northwestsection.org/PB_page.html