Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo malfunction

NSiess

Last month at Benning I had my previously flawless arredondo +5 basepads take a dump on me. I had them loaded to 20+1 as i usually do (i know, i know!). In the hotel before and after the match they were good, but at the match when i pulled a bullet out of a loaded mag the remaining bullets slid up in the mag S-L-O-W-L-Y. The malfunction during the stage was the the same, bullets pushing up too slow, so i dumped it and went to a 15 rounder that functioned. The mags were clean, the biggest difference i can think is the temperature. Have you had cold temperatures affect arredondo basepad magazine function? Glock 22, 180g Zeros, OAL 1.130. Thanks!

-N

I generally pack my limited Glock mags to 19 re-loadable. Mainly to give everyone shooting against me at least a chance. But, more about me later :)

20 re-loadable is rare with 140mm Glock extensions. If they're new it takes some time for the spring to take a "set". Drop to 19 for several matches. The

mag(s) that will reliably load 20 will reveal themselves. Guard them with your life. Now, more about me. I have maybe 783 Glock mags (slight embellishment). None of them

reload with 20 rounds jammed in there 100% of the time. I have one 20 rounder that I start with. It takes some force to seat it too. The rest have 19.

If you can break down a stage well, and I'm not assuming you can't, 19+1 won't hurt even a little.

Jim

I had the same problem with the rounds in the mag coming up slowly with Arredondo base pads on. It took me almost a month to figure out that the springs had "worn out", even though I had only been using them about a month. You might try some new +10% springs and see if it makes a difference. It did the trick for me.

FWIW, I only loaded my first mag with 20 rounds, my extra mags had 18 or 19 depending on the stage.

I know its a gamble to load those things up to 20 but theyve never failed me before. i just loaded one and the bullets slid up perfectly when i removed a few. the mag is now topped off at 20 and sitting in my refridgerator. in an hour or so ill see how it functions. Im getting to the bottom of this somehow! if the bullets slide up slowly, i was right about the cold. have you guys seen cold temperatures affect magazine function?

-N

straight outta the fridge the bullets may have been slightly slower than when at room temp, but it wasnt nearly as bad as at benning. i guess just bad luck that day. ill stick to 19 from now on in any weather.

-N