Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parting out a SDB? Why?

I was cruzin ebay this evening. It seems someone there is parting out a SDB?

Why? Does he think he's going to make money?

I always thought of them like Craftsman hand tools. You only need to buy a new part if you loose it. If it breaks, they replace it.

I started to write a note, but stopped. I was kinda angry at the attempt to profit from people ignorant of Dillon's no BS warranty.

The auction is formatted with a generic 'ebay store' look, so it appears to be an uneducated middleman of some kind.

I am just so sick of the crap on ebay, getting in the way of a decent exchange of products between individuals. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the BE classified adds.

I saw the same thing and wondered about it too. IIRC, the same guy had other SDB's he's selling intact. Thing is, I wonder if he reloads at all lest he'd surely know about Dillon's "No B.S." warranty and anyone needing that stuff could have it with a phone call. The prices for the used, individual parts delivered closely mimic Dillon's replacement prices for new stuff.

I have bought parts for my presses from Dillon over the years. If I break something, I want to be able to fix it immediately, not after a phone call to Dillon and waiting for the mailman to carry the part across the country.....

Just because you wouldn't spend money on used parts, doesn't mean that there isn't a market. It also doesn't mean that buyers are necessarily uninformed, they may just be placing a different value on those parts than you would....

I have bought parts for my presses from Dillon over the years. If I break something, I want to be able to fix it immediately, not after a phone call to Dillon and waiting for the mailman to carry the part across the country.....

Just because you wouldn't spend money on used parts, doesn't mean that there isn't a market. It also doesn't mean that buyers are necessarily uninformed, they may just be placing a different value on those parts than you would....

Spare replacement parts make sense, especially those that break more often.

Do you keep a spare stripped chassis? He was selling that part too....