Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match 40 Mag feeding problem

Roland

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm actually posting because I have a Match 40 that I bought a while ago and had no problems with. Today I went to the range with some new factory magazines and would have problems with the last bullet feeding correctly. I never had that problem with my other factory mags. I took pictures of the mags with the bullet stuck in it. When it tried to manually take out the bullet it seemed to be under a lot of pressure and actually jammed in there. If you know of anyway to correct this please let me know what I can do. Thank you in advance.

post-16284-1229740424_thumb.jpg

post-16284-1229740442_thumb.jpg

post-16284-1229740460_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I'm actually posting because I have a Match 40 that I bought a while ago and had no problems with. Today I went to the range with some new factory magazines and would have problems with the last bullet feeding correctly. I never had that problem with my other factory mags. I took pictures of the mags with the bullet stuck in it. When it tried to manually take out the bullet it seemed to be under a lot of pressure and actually jammed in there. If you know of anyway to correct this please let me know what I can do. Thank you in advance.

Yeah .... he's right, you need to check the magazine lips. They don't have to be off much to make them malfunction.

thru trial and error,..I have found what Henning has said is a good way to fix the problem. Your round appears to be feeding too high up/angled up too much.

I rarely measure them now,..but instead looking at the mag empty from the front,..the red follower should only show a little bit of the round rainbow loop (hard to desribe, but I am referring to that little gap you at the bottom of the follower when it is at the top)..I will try and post a pic this afternoon of what I mean. If you have no means to accurately measure it (gauge),..you can use the pic as a reference. I check my mags on the range sometimes and can see which mags are starting to spread.

Edited by Mo Hepworth