Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger Bar

cwguinther

I was having some problems with my carry gun hanging up, so I decided to pull it apart and polish put some of the rough edges. With that all completed I put it back together and dry fired it just to make sure it still worked. On the second trigger pull something didn't feel quite right, so I pulled it back apart only to find that the trigger bar had broken on one side. Anyone else ever have anything like this happen, and how hard is it to fix?

Thanks in advance.

Chad

Hi Chad

I've never broken a trigger bar, but I've worn one out before. Worn out means that the top eventually was "filed" down by the slide movement. All I can think is that the bar I had couldn't have been heat treated. Happened to me on a 9x19 in 92-93 and never had a problem with it since.

If you don't want to replace the bar I'm sure you could have it welded by someone. Otherwise I have trigger bars in the store. Easy enough to replace:

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/triggerparts.html

Here is a pick of the break. Considering that this gun is almost 10yrs old and this is the first thing I have ever had to do to it, I should consider myself lucky. I know I have put at least 10k rnds down range with it over the course of the time I have owned it. I didn't even think about looking at your site for the part. As soon as I saw it was broke, I ordered one from EAA. It should be here in a few days, but if I have any problems with it, I'll return it and get in touch with you. Thanks again.

Chad

post-16109-1229306017_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...