Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 mods for CDP IDPA

Lumpy McSoo

I've heard the theory put forth that Dave Sevigny must be running some sort of super-stealth tricked out trigger pulls in his Glocks. At the 2003 Factory Gun Nationals, mere minutes after Dave had won the match, I was taking some photos of him for an article and I asked Dave, "Can I dry fire your gun?" He said, "Sure." This was all with an RO in attendance, natch. And lemme tell ya, sports fans, there's nothing special about the trigger pulls on Dave Sevigny's G34. Just a well-worn trigger pull of about 3 pounds even, with all the takeup, creep and overtravel we expect from the stock Glock trigger. What's special is what Dave can do with it.

Absolutely right. Dave was at the Fall Classic a couple of years ago and having a bit of problems with his G34.

He asked to shoot it on the stage I was working just for function after the match was over. Turned out to be the

11 lb recoil spring he was running was allowing the slide to bounce out of battery when he did his fast and vigorous

reloads. After the testing he asked if I wanted to shoot it.

I am not a Glock person although I do own a G17 that has been tweaked a bit. Dave's 34 was very unremarkable in that

the trigger and feel of the gun were much like a stock Glock to me. My G17 had a much better trigger.

Proof it's the driver, not the car.

Craig