Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Craig Cooksey

ken hebert

Tomorrow we lay to rest a great friend, Mr Craig Cooksey. Craig was someone I've been on the exec. board with on my home range for about 5 years now. He was the "Mayor" of the Cowboy Action Shooters, SASS club in our gun club. A very articluate man, a cardiovascular doctor for much of his adult life, always smiling and I swear he had that "twinkle" in his eye that you hear of in Santa Claus stories. He is who brought Cowboy Action to my attention, as well as the driving force behind the construction of the "town" where they all shoot. A man willing to try something new, he has shot every USPSA gun I ever brought to the range and always had something positive to say even though they weren't his thing. He had went and rigged out himself a open rimfire for Steel Challenge and was just starting to shoot some with us when he started having problems...

Mr. Cooksey passed Friday morning due to complications just 5 short weeks after being diagnosed with bone cancer. I can remember what seems like just days ago when he talked of buying a bolt rifle to come out and start learning to shoot longer distances with us on Sundays. I don't know if a Sunday will pass when we shoot that I won't miss him.

My works here simply do not do the man justice, but I'm having a real hard time typing this out with the lump in my throat and watering in my eyes.