Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Gold Team/Gold Custom & CR Speed Holster

vernonsmith

Does anyone have any problem using a CR Speed WSM2 model holster on their Tanfoglio Gold Custom Eric/EAA Gold Team? The trigger retention bar doesn't seem to fit and hold the pistol?

From Graufell's web site. If you do a search it's been covered here before, just can't locate it now.

How do I get my CR Speed holster to fit the L.C.?

A. the problem is that the trigger retention bar, does not have the right lengths to match the Tanfoglio Frame and trigger. You need to take the "D" marked trigger bar and then drop it down towards the barrel end, about 1/4 of an inch.

The best way to do this is to extend the channel the bar sits in, about 1/4 lower using a knife/chisel Once that is done, you need to drill a second hole so that the existing screw has a place to secure the bar into the holster. CAREFUL.. this is a tricky procedure, and I had to play with mine a lot to get it to work properly

I have read this too at: http://www.tanfo11.com/faq.html

But I thought this is for L.C. model? Mine is a full length race gun with compensator. The length should be ok but just the trigger retention bar do not hold it properly.

Any other help?

You could be right. Seems to me that the trigger guard and full length dustcover was the main points in getting a real good fit. E.G runs a CR speed holster with his open gun and the info came from him on how to best alter it. I assume it was for all Elite models. But I only know what I read and you know how that can go. If I can find the post I'll pass it on. Seems to me there was a 50-50 split or so about CR speed and the Tanfo.

Instead of lowering the bar, I raised my my pistol up in the holster until there was no play, and the trigger bar was snug against the trigger guard. The resulting problem was that the trigger was then exposed and did not meet safety requirements. I added an extra piece of plastic to the holster near the top, covering the trigger guard.

3091194058_90a543d5bc.jpg3091194424_cfa1c192f3.jpg

3091201932_7aa3ae35d7.jpg3090353359_42f3cd4936.jpg

Edited by Jeff686

I do remember messing around with the adjustments a lot. There is no up/down motion in my rig. I remember spending some time adjusting the white bolt to eliminate the forward/backwarding tilting too. When I bought the holster (used) it was setup for a 1911. I did install a different retainer bar. I don't remember how many it came with. At this point, there is no fore/aft or up/down play, and the draw and retention are good.

Good luck.

I lock my pistol in with the black lever to hold the pistol snug next to the frame.

i have ran a few times on my back yard and the pistol does not drop? i guess its good

enough for me. When I do bend down, I do hold on to the pistol as the comp sometimes

comes off? Shooting on the line, I always have the lever on just before shooting..NO PROBLEMS!