Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New today on Paul Miller's SanJuanRange website:

bullet1.gif STI - American Handgunner® World Shoot-off Championship®

After 30 years of putting on matches and 16 years of hosting the STI/American Handgunner® World Shoot-off Championship, we will no longer be doing the event. It is Paul's hope that someone will continue the tradition and keep the event going. Please call Paul, if you are interested, and talk to him about hosting this event at your range and purchasing all the steel targets used to put on the event. We will miss seeing all of you this summer and hope that you will stop by to see us if you are in the area. We will be continuing the Cowboy Action Shooting events and will still have USPSA monthly matches here at the range. Maybe we'll now have time to visit and shoot at your range! Thank you all for your support--both the Sponsors and Competitors.

:(

I guess that the Winchester Challenge, which is shot earlier in the week, will move somewhere. The STI/American Handgunner will probably follow.

As a side note I didn't feel that American Handgunner magazine gave the match much press. Maybe someone will pick it up if The magazine will pledge to pump it up some with a few articles and photos. Too good of match to let die.

Buddy

• 2 months later...

I cant speak for Paul, only he can, but I think he is tired and ready to slow down a bit, having done his part for these so many years......

All I can do is tell him thanks for all the wonderful memories from Montrose! :cheers:

We started a match based on the Winchester match, called the BigDawg steel match. www.bigdawgsteel.com

We are in our 4th year.

It is 15 plate racks, 4 runs each. More info is on the website. We all loved the match, but not everyone could go out to Colorado each year......

Hopefully someone else can pick up the mantle and run with it.....

DougC