Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Gun Troubles

sgtis108

What happened Daniel, I sell you an open gun and the boss wan't let you shot it. Had to go and buy yourself a new one I see. Bring that steelmaster with you to the Jan match, I would like to shot it.

Johnny

The gun I bought from you is still my #1. I bought this just for steel and my 9yr. old in the near future.

I did drive it to a match win yesterday, minor and all!

I will bring it in Jan.

By the way, tell me again who built the gun I bought from you.

Daniel

• 5 weeks later...

I purchased a SteelMaster from Dave Dawson and I did purchase the enhancement package as well as have him tune all my mags. I have Over 2,000 rounds through and have had no jams or mis-feeds at all. It is a smooth running firearm. It is extremely accurate with very little recoil. I have even shot USPSA matches with it and placed very well despite it being minor. I love mine, and Dave Dawson can make these babies run. It is worth paying the extra to have him go through it.

I should have bought the enhancement package. I shot a match today with my steel master. I had some .14 splits.

When cleaning it tonight, I noticed that the link was cracked all the way through. :angry2:

Back to work, again.

If the link is broken the ramp cut could be screwed up or someone really was sleeping when fitting the barrel. Put the stock extractor back in it and send it back to STI with a letter stating what you have had problems with. Wait patiently and they WILL fix it. STI is a really good company to work with and they do support their product.

Daniel, they fixed Susan's Trubor up lickety split when I was having extraction problems with it. Also contoured the magwell free of charge for our inconvenience. David Cupp is a great guy to work on the gun and do business with. Very friendly, and from what I hear, he is now running the custom shop.

That was also a typical problem with the Stinger. The Steel Master is the same gun with some slide cuts and a 9mm barrel. I changed the extractor on my Stinger to an Aftec and adjusted the ejection angle so the brass did not hit the scope mount and eliminated the problem.

Actually the SteelMaster has a slightly longer barrel and, very important, a longer recoil system.