Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Handed SHooter?

leam

A few years ago I shot USPSA matches with a guy that had only one hand, it was his right hand. He was amazing. He used a 1911 with a slide racker and had a belt slide similar to the North Mountain Moon Clip Holder. His was set up with slots that held single stack magazines in a vertical position. When he dropped a magazine he just placed the 1911 over one of the loaded vertical magazines pushed it down and slid it out of the slot forward and continued firing. I never saw him come close to breaking the 180 either.

I didn't know him personally and did not witness him clearing a malfunction. It was an eye opener to watch him shoot.

This guy is probably from Louisiana, shoots the Gator Classic and I ususally see him at A4. If I'm not mistaken he's a "B" class shooter. He really is amazing to watch, and inspirational. Like we got something to bitch about.

Al,

That's got to be him. Where I saw him shooting was at a USPSA match in Amite, LA.

Oldtrooper

FWIW, the "Moonclipped" Revo's would be a good place to start...as well as a coupla' Berettas that have the "Tip-Up" barrel...no "Slide Racking" required to "Charge" the weapon ...one of the .380's and at least one of the "Pocket-Sized" .22's or .25's are set up this way...HTH....mikey357

A few years ago I shot USPSA matches with a guy that had only one hand, it was his right hand. He was amazing. He used a 1911 with a slide racker and had a belt slide similar to the North Mountain Moon Clip Holder. His was set up with slots that held single stack magazines in a vertical position. When he dropped a magazine he just placed the 1911 over one of the loaded vertical magazines pushed it down and slid it out of the slot forward and continued firing. I never saw him come close to breaking the 180 either.

I didn't know him personally and did not witness him clearing a malfunction. It was an eye opener to watch him shoot.

This guy is probably from Louisiana, shoots the Gator Classic and I ususally see him at A4. If I'm not mistaken he's a "B" class shooter. He really is amazing to watch, and inspirational. Like we got something to bitch about.

Al,

That's got to be him. Where I saw him shooting was at a USPSA match in Amite, LA.

Oldtrooper

Oldtrooper, you are refering to Joe Touchton. He has two hands but his right hand has very limited use. He uses his weak hand to clear jams but at waist level. When reloading a revolver, he opens the cylinder, dumps the empties, lays the gun across his weak hand, reloads, and he's off to the races. And yes he a B class shooter and deservingly so. :cheers:

Al,

Oldtrooper

Oldtrooper, you are refering to Joe Touchton. He has two hands but his right hand has very limited use. He uses his weak hand to clear jams but at waist level. When reloading a revolver, he opens the cylinder, dumps the empties, lays the gun across his weak hand, reloads, and he's off to the races. And yes he a B class shooter and deservingly so. :cheers:

Joe is an amazing shooter. :cheers:

The first time I saw him shoot, I was astounded! :surprise:

Edited by BlackSabbath