Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Model 67 carry comp

I have a chance to buy a model 67 carry comp S&W PC revolver from a Lady friend I shoot with. It has about 60 rounds through it. She had bought it with the idea of shooting it in IDPA, but later learned that ports are a no-no in IDPA. ( I did not know her then, or I would have told her about that) So, the only thing I could use this for is open in ICORE. I would not be afraid other thna the barrel is only 3in. I am not sure what optics would fit on it. But man, she paid almost 1k and will sell it to me for $600.00. Ah, what to do.

Dennis, I am not real familiar with the Carry Comp, however a gunsmith friend of mine built a 2 inch Comped and ported K frame Smith. The shooter put a Tasco "Bear Can" on it and had no problems. With the JP or Doctors Dot it sets way in the back and should have no problems there. I am more into the tube dots, for me they are easier to find the dots. BTJM. Hook it up and go. later rdd

ETA Beer Can Beer Can Beer Can Beer Can. I had one to many Bears tonite. :wacko:

Edited by Bubber