Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WINTER

Dan Hefta

I hate winter, not because of the cold and snow, I'm from Minnesota so I'm used to that stuff. But because there are no shooting matches going on up here. Yes there are some indoor I*PA matches, but they kinda suck because of the low round count and the extreme amount of waiting we have to endure. I wish that I had the money to travel south for winter matches, you southerners really have it made in the winter. We had a local match last winter and it was -18 degrees F. Well that is all I have to rant about, thanks for reading. Dan :wacko:

Edited by danscrapbags

you southerners really have it made in the winter.

I'd trade you our ice storms and all day 40 degree drizzles for a few nice snowfalls and the option to enjoy winter sports like skiiing and sledding! Besides, none of us know how to drive on ice, so when we do get winter weather, its demolition derby and bumper cars on the roads.

I'd trade you our ice storms and all day 40 degree drizzles for a few nice snowfalls and the option to enjoy winter sports like skiiing and sledding! Besides, none of us know how to drive on ice, so when we do get winter weather, its demolition derby and bumper cars on the roads.

Spent basic in MO, during the winter of 87-88. The ice storms are no joke! Yeah, we do have it made until Summer. Five months of +100-110 weather can get to be a drag. At least we can drive to the coastal areas and shoot their "cooler" matches.

THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IN WINTER CONDITIONS UP HERE EITHER!!!!Drives me crazy. :cheers:

Spent basic in MO, during the winter of 87-88. The ice storms are no joke! Yeah, we do have it made until Summer. Five months of +100-110 weather can get to be a drag. At least we can drive to the coastal areas and shoot their "cooler" matches.

I know I had Basic Taining at Ft. McClellan, AL. Summer isn't fun for you guys, that's why I said you have it made in the winter.

I hate winter, not because of the cold and snow, I'm from Minnesota so I'm used to that stuff. But because there are no shooting matches going on up here. Yes there are some indoor I*PA matches, but they kinda suck because of the low round count and the extreme amount of waiting we have to endure. I wish that I had the money to travel south for winter matches, you southerners really have it made in the winter. We had a local match last winter and it was -18 degrees F. Well that is all I have to rant about, thanks for reading. Dan :wacko:

One of the reasons I moved from WI to NM! :D

In you Southern folks' defense,I've noticed that most of your roads down there aren't set up real well for the freezing precip action.It seems like they aren't crowned as steep and aren't grooved like the ones up here.-mike

I loved winter before I took up shooting. I live in a place where there are really only five months out of the year that are good shooting weather. We edge the season out another three months, those matches are pretty uncomfortable but we do it. Then there are four months of the year where there are NO matches. No indoor ranges here. I know, "move south!" Montana does have its perks, but I am counting the days until SPRING!