Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movement is what matters

sincityshooter

Thanks Flexman!  Yeah, that Ghost Dog.....I think he's getting through to me.  :)

Remember the rain we shot in?  It was awesome.  But the Super Squad, it rained even harder on them..... they could have chosen to wait on that last stage.  But, they didn't!   That's why they ARE the Super Squad!   Just one time before I die, I want to shoot with those guys.   It would be like getting to share a taxi with Bob Dylan.

I just noticed something watching some video tapes... Getting into a position after moving 5-6 yards at a fast pace, I had the gun up early (not too early), I hit the spot, saw the dot, and once it was an acceptable sight picture I broke the shot.  What was interesting about this was that in my mind it seemed like I had to wait forever for the dot to settle (at least enough to get a solid A).... in my mind it was taking forever.  However, the tape doesn't lie.  There was no hesitation and it looked impressive.  Keeping the gun up, getting my support hand on the gun a couple steps before stopping, and having the gun out in front and on target just before my first foot hit the position made everything seem slow.  Is this what it feels like to get to a position as quickly as possible under complete control?

Brian,

Nah, it was two standard pepper poppers and two of those little US poppers that look like they got left in the drier overnight. Told you it wasn't that hard. You can't really even count me as cleaning it since I had that one late shot. Now THAT requires skill - you're sitting there going, "Okay, 8.28, 8.29, 8.30, now I can shoot, BOOM! 8.31! Perfect!" If we count the "one shot overtimers" like me, there were 25 people at the match who dropped all four plates, out of 60 or so attending. The kicker here was the array went like this:

PP    US    PAPER    US    PP

The paper in the center was an IDPA target that was almost totally black hard cover. Only 1/2 the 8" circle was available to shoot at. One shooter, Greg Corley, dropped all four steel and put one into the brown under the time limit. Floyd Shoemaker actually dropped all steel and put two into the brown, the best performance at the match.